A young woman went blind in one eye after catching a flesh-eating bacteria during a mud run in Dallas two weeks ago.
"My eye started hurting, like maybe I´ve got mud or some debris in there," Brittany Williams says. Within 24 hours, the flesh-eating bacteria destroyed her eye and she was blind.
Williams is a mother with two jobs and no health insurance. She spent a week in the hospital racking up a $100,000 bill. Her family is now trying to raise money through a GoFundMe account for treatment that keeps the bacteria from spreading further.