An inquest is being held in to the death of 5-month-old Thomas Egan. The baby died at the Jigsaw Nursery in Milton Keynes. The baby had an allergy against cow's milk and could only have soya based products.
When his Mother, Wendy Egan, started her son at the nursery she told staff of his allergy, and told them he was not to receive breakfast at the center. She was assured by staff that they would follow the instructions she left.
Two months after he started the nursery he was given Farley’s Sunrise Banana which contains powdered cows milk. Mrs Egon said at the inquest: “They said they would do exactly what I asked. He was my heart and soul, just a baby."