A 3 month old baby girl has died in Phoenix, Arizona after being bitten hundreds of times by black ants. The baby girl was left for half an hour while she had a nap, but when the babysitter returned the child was covered with ants.
The child, Autumn White, had "hundreds of ant bites" on her and her throat had swollen. When firefighters arrived at the home the child was not breathing and she was flown to the local hospital in Phoenix, but was pronounced dead.
The caregiver was so distraught over the incident that she too was taken into an emergency room for treatment. Officials say that the child apparently died due to an allergic reaction from the ant bites.