After drinking at least four cans of Red Bull at a nightclub, 21-year-old Chloe Leach collapsed and died from cardiac arrhythmia. It is thought that her arrhythmia was worsened by the high level of caffeine present in her body from the energy drinks.
Coroner Geoffery Saul ruled out drug use and excessive drinking as causes of death and said none of her decisions "reflected badly" on her. While not officially diagnosed, Leech likely had QT syndrome which affects the heart's electric activity.
Chloe Leach also suffered from epilepsy. According to Tina Leach, her daughter regularly took her epilepsy medication and monitored with her caffeine consumption. "She would drink Red Bull occasionally and was aware it contained caffeine," Tina said.