England: 14-year-old Aiden Williams has been taken to hospital after he chewed 105 pieces of nicotine gum in less than half an hour. To get that dose of nicotine by smoking you would have to have 180 Marlboro Light cigarettes.
Williams got the gum off another student who had been given it by a drug counselor to treat a smoking addiction. His mother lashed out at the school for not seeking parental consent before distributing the gum.
"The doctors said that he could have died... I know what my son did was stupid, but if anything it proves that these kids can't be given responsibility for taking medication that could do serious harm," said his mother Caroline.