Britain: When her home caught fire after a faulty toaster apparently ignited, 45-year-old Mandy Hands got her 16-year-old son and her dogs safely out but forgot about her grandson who was staying with her.
She only remembered the boy when someone inquired if everybody was out. By that time the fire had made the house impossible to enter. Firefighters arrived a short time later and rescued the 11-year-old, who suffered from smoke inhalation.
"I can´t get over the fact I left my grandson in bed. He’s visiting from Portsmouth and I was panicking so much trying to get everyone out that I forgot he was here. I never even checked on him," said Hands.